10 Things You Can Do to Love Yourself on Valentine’s Day
Whether you are single or partnered up, your relationship with yourself is the key to a fulfilling life. The truth is, you are the person you spend the most time with! Giving yourself the care and attention you need and deserve will help to restore your valuable inner resources, and once YOU are filled up, this will allow you to more fully give your love to others.
Below are 10 Things you can do to Love Yourself on Valentine’s Day.
- Give yourself permission to do whatever you want on this day.
- Go on a self-date – take yourself out to something you love even if you have a date with your partner later that night.
- Self-care – whether it is exercise, watching a movie, brunch with friends. Do things that you know will open your heart.
- Reconnect with an old friend you love and haven’t had enough time to spend time with.
- Buy yourself a Valentine’s gift – it does not have to be a big purchase but something you have wanted for a while. This is a chance to treat yourself.
- Go outside of your comfort zone–The Artist’s Way a book by Julia Cameron – has multiple suggestions on ways to connect with yourself in new and unusual ways.
- Start a creative project – one that allows you to connect with your inner child- we often ignore that part ourselves and she needs attention – creative projects light up our right brain and its the best way to connect to those special parts of our inner world.
- Spend time in nature – nature is one of the best ways to find inner peace and be with yourself – it quiets the mind, ignites your spirit and opens your heart.
- Watch your inner critic today and tell her to take the day off. Our negative thoughts take us away from loving ourselves. It is a life-long process to conquer these thoughts but today is a good day to say no- I am not listening to you!
- Follow Your Bliss – think about things in your life that open your heart and fill you with meaning because meaning brings human beings the most happiness. When we feel useful or become part of making the world a better place it is not only fulfilling but life-enhancing!